ACTS Master of Divinity Degree
Admission Requirements for the Master of Divinity degree include:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university or Bible college. A pre-seminary undergraduate program with at least two semesters of Greek language instruction is the most desirable preparation.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA. Individuals, who have a degree from an unaccredited institution with a minimum of 2.5 GPA are encouraged to apply. In such cases, they will be admitted on academic probation for an initial 15 sem hrs of study. An academic review will be conducted at that point and a decision made regarding final admission.
- Supportive and suitable references.
- Evidence of biblical conversion, a commitment to obedient discipleship, and awareness of God's call to pastoral or church-related ministry.
Students, who lack these prerequisites, are required to complete them during the first year of their studies. Students, who do not have a minimum of 12 sem hrs in Bible or appropriate religious studies in their bachelor's program, will complete BIE 500 and THS 540 prior to or during their first semester of studies.
- BIE 500 Introduction to the Bible (2 credit hours)
- THS 540 Introduction to Theology (2 credit hours)
- BIL 500 Greek I (3 credit hours)
- BIL 501 Greek II (3 credit hours)
- RES 500 Research Strategies (1 credit hours)
- LBR 490 Library Skills (1 credit hours) - required for international students
Other Entrance Options:
Diploma in Christian Studies: Individuals, who have accumulated the equivalent of 4 years of post-secondary education, completed within the fifteen years prior to admission, have 5 years of work experience, preferably in some sort of supervisory role, and show potential for pastoral ministry, may apply to the Diploma in Christian Studies. After completing 15 sem hrs of graduate studies with a 2.5 GPA, the student could apply for admission to the MDiv degree. Credits completed in the Diploma would be transferable to the MDiv program.
Non-degree: According to the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) criteria, up to 10% of the annual enrolment in the MDiv can be comprised of individuals who do not have a bachelor's degree or its equivalent. To be considered for admission under this category, individuals must:
- Minimally have two years of post-secondary education (i.e. four semesters of full time study);
- Some years of work experience, preferably in some sort of leadership role;
- Evidence of life experience which has prepared them for graduate theological education. Such individuals will first complete the Diploma in Christian Studies or a recognized degree completion program. Upon successful completion of either program, achieving minimally a 2.5 GPA, the student will be considered for admission to the MDiv program.
- Students, for whom English is a second language, must attain a TOEFL score of 100 iBT, with 23 minimum in each category of Listening, Reading, Speaking, and Writing. Students will be required to participate in the English Writing Lab to assist them with the completion of their assignments.