Michael Wilkinson, Ph.D.
Dean of Canadian Pentecostal Seminary
- Michael has served as a pastor and educator with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada since 1987, and was ordained by the PAOC in 1989. He is married to Valerie and together they have four children. He enjoys travelling, good coffee, formal gardens, skiing, and hockey.
- His educational background includes a Bachelor of Theology from Eastern Pentecostal Bible College(1987), a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology/Anthropology from Carleton University(1992), a Master of Arts in Religion and Culture from Wilfrid Laurier University(1993), and a Ph.D. in Sociology of Religion from University of Ottawa(1999).
- Michael has multiple publications which include published:
- The Spirit said Go: Pentecostal Immigrants in Canada. New York: Peter Lang, 2006.
- Canadian Pentecostalism: Transition and Transformation. Montreal & Kingston: McGill-Queen's University Press, 2009.
- Winds from the North: Canadian Contributions to the Pentecostal Movement. Leiden, Netherlands: Brill Academic Publishers, 2010.
- A Liberating Spirit: Pentecostals and Social Action in North America. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock.
- Global Pentecostal Movements: Migration, Mission, and Public Religion. Leiden, Netherlands: Brill Academic Publishers, 2012.