John Auxier, Ph.D.
Dean, Trinity Western Seminary;
- John Auxier joined our faculty in 1995 as the founding director of the ACTS professional counselling program. Since 1999 he has been the Dean of Trinity Western Seminary, and from 2009 serves also as acting President of TWS. He is married to Doris Hutton Auxier, Associate Professor of Art at Trinity Western University and has three wonderful adult children.
- Dr. Auxier brings a diverse background to his teaching and leadership within ACTS. He holds three graduate degrees: 1) M.Div., Princeton Theological Seminary; 2) M.A. (Church History), Trinity Evangelical Divinity School; 3) Ph.D. (Rehabilitation Counseling-Addictions), University of Arizona.
- An ordained minister with the Evangelical Free Church of Canada, he has twelve years fulltime ministry experience, having served as Associate Pastor for seven years and as solo Pastor for five years. He also has many years experience in mental health.
- Among his signature courses at ACTS are THS 648: Theological Issues in Counselling (on Forgiveness); PTH 605: Pastoral Counselling; and MFT 661: Group Therapy.
- Clinical Member, American Assoc. for Marriage & Family Therapy Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist-Washington State
- Member, Christian Association for Psychological Studies
- Member, Evangelical Theological Society
Dr. Auxier's interests are in the area of pastoral care and integration, forgiveness, and addictions recovery. In my spare time, I enjoy science fiction movies, popular culture, exploring technology, and comic books.