International Students

English Language Requirements | Student Resources

Qualified international students are admitted to the Seminaries on the same basis as other students. However, international students should take note of the following information.

Application and Admission

Applications for International Students will be reviewed after the applicant has submitted all the necessary elements of their application. Applicants are urged to submit their application and all required elements as early as possible. We recommend the complete file for international students be received at least 6 months prior to the anticipated start of your studies to allow the necessary time for the application with Immigration Canada.

Student Visa/Immigration Canada

Due to the time required to process a Student Visa application, international students are strongly encouraged to apply to ACTS as early as possible and well before the stated application deadline.

Canadian Immigration authorities may only grant a student visa to an international student if he or she has been accepted by a seminary into a specific program. Further information may be acquired from the Canadian Immigration website (, the regional Canadian Consulate in your home country or by writing to the Canadian Bureau of International Education, #408-151 Slater Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1P 5H3.

Acceptance Letter

A letter of acceptance may not be sent by a seminary until the applicant has provided evidence of sufficient funds to support him or herself during the first full year of resident studies. In addition, all international students must be fully covered by medical insurance. Insurance coverage is available upon arrival in British Columbia. For more information check out the MSP website: Certification of medical insurance must be produced at registration by USA students.


All landed immigrants in Canada seeking to enter the United States as non-immigrants must possess a valid passport and non-immigrant visa in order to enter. Please consult for the most current policies.

Additional information can be found at


Trinity Western University has a housing website that you can access to see what's available in the community. There may be very limited housing available on the campus for graduate students. The website will give you all the information you need, including a person to contact, so you can begin your search.


See the Canadian Immigration Website for more information. Click on the links under the words "Choose Canada" to get more information on immigration, studying in Canada, working in Canada, or just visiting. Also click on the link "After You Arrive" so that you know exactly what to do when you get here.


International students at ACTS have the freedom to work off-campus in practicums or internships that are a requirement of their academic program. Off campus employment is not available to international students in a Theological degree program, such as the ones offered through ACTS. Please consult the Immigration Canada website ( for full information and regulations governing all off campus work for International students.

Medical Insurance

All students are required to have medical insurance. Non-Canadian students living in Canada to attend school must enroll with BC Medical Services Plan. Because of the 90 day waiting period, interim medical insurance is available for non-Canadian students. American students, living in the US and commuting for classes, must have medical insurance that extends to their travels to and from Canada.

When you come to the school, you will be given an opportunity to get medical health coverage under BC Medical. Please check out the TWU Wellness Centre for more information. The Health and Wellness Center is located in the Douglas Centre Building. A map of the campus is available at

Writing Centre

The Writing Centre is available to help students with their writing skills and assignments. This is a good place to come when you need help on the many papers you have to write at ACTS. The Writing Centre is located in the Douglas Centre Building. (Same building as the Wellness Centre).

Public School for Children of International Students

Policies related to cost for children of international students studying at ACTS Seminaries to enroll in a local public school varies with each school district. ACTS students generally live in one of the following regions and should consult the school district offices for information.