The Mission and Values of ACTS
Our mission is to develop godly servant leaders, who have a love and burden for people based on a strong commitment to Jesus Christ, the Word of God, and the ministry of His Church, who will energetically strengthen, revitalize and actively multiply communities of effectively ministering believers in Canada and around the world.
ACTS Seminaries is actively revolutionizing world Christian higher learning. Rather than eliminating denominational ties or representing only one, ACTS brings together a partnership of evangelical seminaries.
As this entrepreneurial consortium grows, students continue to appreciate both unity and diversity among partnering seminaries.
This healthy balance provides academic programs with a rich heritage, a solid biblical foundation, and a theology you can apply.
- The life giving power, wisdom and authority of the scriptures which call us to unite around the essentials of the faith, commitment to holy living and the pursuit of the mission of the Church in the world.
- The Body of Christ and its mission of Christ's ministry to the world, our connectedness with our partnering denominations and the thousands of churches they represent, and the importance of practical approaches to ministry that are responsive to the evolving needs of our constituents.
- The multicultural diversity of God's world-wide family, and therefore we train culturally skilled leaders who have a passion for making disciples in Canada and around the world.
- The transformative education that forms within us the likeness of Christ, inspiring us toward self-understanding, loving community, scholarly excellence and skill in servant leadership.
- The dynamic learning context of a Christian university community where scholarship, piety, knowledge, skills, and dialogue enhance our capacity to be effective in ministry, representing the Good News of Christ to the world.
- Our unique collaborative processes and relationships which foster godly unity, shared purpose, innovative synergy, and respect for the missions and needs of our seminary partners.