Canadian Baptist Seminary
In partnership with ACTS Seminaries and the Baptist General Conference of Canada, Canadian Baptist Seminary seeks to equip visionary Christian leaders at the graduate level who can plant, nurture and revitalize the church globally.
CBS is committed to:
- Biblical authority;
- Convictions rooted in the believers' church tradition;
- Educational excellence;
- A co-operative spirit serving as a vital arm of the local church
- Global church development;
- Spiritual formation by mentoring Christ-like transformation in our learning community;
- Leadership development by equipping visionary, goal-oriented servants;
- Fiscal responsibility by carefully managing financial and personnel resources;
- Equipping teachers by training effective communicators of biblical Truth.
A little bit of History:
CBS is the graduate educational arm of the Baptist General Conference of Canada BGCC. For ninety years, the BGCC enjoyed a relationship with the Baptist General Conference of the United States. However, feeling a strong need for Canadian identity, and a closer coast-to-coast mission for church growth, the BGCC formed in 1981.
The denomination now has 90 churches across Canada, from Quebec to B.C. In addition, its aggressive cross-cultural missions arm, Global Ministries serves churches around the world. BGCC has long demonstrated an irenic and co-operative spirit which prompted its leaders to join as one of the original partners in ACTS in 1988.
Members of the CBS Team:
- President: Arnell Motz, D.Min.
- Vice President of Development: Cal Netterfield, D.Min.
- Dean of CBS: Daryl Busby, Ph.D.
- ACTS Registrar: Wendell Phillips, D.Min.
- Director of "The Journey": Ed Stuckey, D.Min.