ACTS Master of Arts in Christian Studies-
Worldview Studies in Korean
The Master of Arts in Christian Studies with WSK Track is for professionals seeking to integrate faith with science, family, life and social issues.
This program seeks to equip Christian leaders with biblical worldview, so that they may become Christ-like servant and sacrificial leaders who “demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God,” and who “take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Cor.10:3-5, Mk.10:45).
This program will assist individuals to strengthen spiritual disciplines, learn significant leadership skills, and refresh academic and professional experience by developing a coherent, biblical worldview in the areas of science, family, life and social issues:
- Biblical and theological perspectives on various issues of life and the world;
- The servant and visionary leadership that was shown in the life of Jesus Christ;
- “Royal priesthood” and stewardship in academic and vocational areas.
- Students should complete all academic requirements of MACS-WSK program with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Students are expected to complete the MACS-WSK program in 5 semesters.
- The MCS 810 Graduating Essay or Project must be completed as a part of the program. It may be written either in English or in Korean with a 2-page Korean AND English summary. The program director is responsible for monitoring the evaluation process. Students are recommended to initiate this process at the beginning of their second semester. The same standards used for students in other MACS tracks are applied.
Paul Seung-Hun Yang, M.S./Ph.D.
Director of the Korean Worldview Studies
Dr. Yang has combined studies in applied science with investigations into the history of science (M.A. University of Wisconsin-Madison) and theology (M.A. in theology, Graduate School of Wheaton College) Ph.D., Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology.