Daryl Busby, Ph.D.
Director of Doctor of Ministry Program;
Married 33 years to Shirley (Moody Bible Institute grad-1976 in Cross-Cultural Communication). She is employed at Trinity Western University as Program Coordinator for M.A. in Counselling Psychology and completing her certification in Web Technologies at BCIT. They have three adult daughters.
- Trinity International University, Ill. (Ph.D.); Leadership and Spiritual Formation
- Providence Theological Seminary, MB Studies toward a Th.M. in Old Testament
- Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Ill. (MDiv.)
- Winnipeg Bible College (now Providence College and Seminary) (B.R.E.-Bachelor of Religious Education)
- 2007- Present: Director of the Doctor of Ministry Program, ACTS Seminaries; Dean, Canadian Baptist Seminary; Associate Professor of Church Ministries, Canadian Baptist Seminary; Areas of focus include: leadership, spiritual formation and church ministries.
- 1997-2008: President, Canadian Baptist Seminary, ACTS Seminaries, Langley, B.C.
- 2003-2010: Transitional Pastoral roles in various Evangelical Free and Baptist General Conference churches in Western Canada and the United States.
- 1992-1997: Senior Pastor, Elim Chapel, Winnipeg, MB
- 1990-1991: Transitional Pastor, Lake Zurich Community Church, Lake Zurich, Ill
- 1985-1991: Associate Pastor, Steinbach Mennonite Brethren Church, Steinbach, MB
- 1976-1980: Pastor, Community Baptist Church, Ear Falls, ON
- 1983- 1992: Professor of Biblical Studies, Winnipeg Bible College (now Providence College and Seminary) Otterburne, MB
- Partnering with South East Asia Training School (SEATS) in Vietnam for leadership development among house church pastors. (Visited in 2002 and 2007).
- “Attitudes, Beliefs and Aspirations of Entering College Students in Western Canada”- Didaskalia- A Journal of the Providence Theological Seminary. Fall 2001
- “Renovating the Pastoral Office: Paradigm Shifts in 21st Century Ministry”- Fall 2004, Common Ground Journal- Perspectives on the Church in the 21st Century (available at commongroundjournal.org)
- “How Pastors Learn: Reflections on theological reflection: - Common Ground Journal Spring 2008. (available at www.commongroundjournal.org)
- Review and Response: a Seminary President responds to Linda Cannell’s Theological Education Matters”. Christian Education Journal. Series 4, Volume 1, Number 2, Spring 2007
- “Focused Mission, Flexible Models: Ministry preparation with the Baptist General Conference of Canada” (report developed and presented to the Regents of Canadian Baptist Seminary 2009)
- “Moses and the Monk: comparing two Desert dwellers and their understanding of the ‘mind’ in spiritual development” (Spring 2010: Christian Education Journal)